Welcome! I'm an Associate Professor (with tenure) of Strategy and Entrepreneurship and the Institute for Entrepreneurship & Competitive Enterprise Faculty Fellow at the Kelley School of Business, Indiana University. Over the years, I have studied and worked in Shanghai, London, Toronto, Chicago, Helsinki, and Edmonton before joining IU. I got three degrees respectively from the London School of Economics, University of Toronto, and University of Alberta. In the interim, I also worked as a business consultant.
On this website, you will find information about my research, teaching, and service. Thanks for visiting!
(1) My book "Optimal Distinctiveness: A New Agenda for the Study of Competitive Positioning of Organizations and Markets" is published by Cambridge University Press.
(2) Recent article on "Social class and entrepreneurship" accepted at JBV.
(3) Recent article on "Categories and narratives as sources of distinctiveness" published in SMJ.
(4) Recent article on "Multilevel optimal distinctiveness" published in SMJ.
(5) Recent article on "Optimal distinctiveness: On being the same and different" published in OT.
(6) If you plan to apply for our PhD program and would like to work with me, please select "Strategic Management and Organization Theory" as your major as you navigate the application system. An overview of our PhD program in Strategic Management and Organization Theory can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/cAjjDU_waP0
Strategy and Organization Theory, Institutional Theory, Social Entrepreneurship, International Entreprenuership, Emerging Markets, Cross-National Comparative Studies
Doctoral: Organization Theory
MBA: Developing Strategic Capabilities
Undergraduate: Strategic Management
Global Business Institute: Social Entrepreneurship
Senior Editor: Management and Organization Review
Editorial Board: AMJ, AMR, Org. Sci., JOM, JBV
现任Management and Organization Review高级主编，AMJ， AMR，Org. Sci.，JOM，JBV编委会成员。
© by Eric Zhao (This website is being updated, and may contain incomplete information.)
Copyright Notice: You may download the articles for one-time personal use only. please obtain publisher permission for any further distribution, publication or commercial use.